Friends, it’s that time of year again. There is no time more fitting to say Thank You than right now… Happy Thanksgiving! Whether you’re an owner, a renter, a vendor, friends or family, we appreciate each and every one of you. Thank you for being an important part of making 2017 another successful year.
On Monday next week, we’re going shopping for gifts for KVC children… something we do every year as a fun way to give back. We will be doing another blog post about that event in the next couple of weeks.
Have you started shopping for gifts yet? If you didn’t know, dealnews.com is an excellent resource for finding great deals online. And if you love to shop on Amazon.com, be sure to check out camelcamelcamel.com. Camel lists the most popular things being bought on Amazon.com, and is a great source of inspiration for gifts! If you are looking for an easy way to give back while shopping at Amazon.com… be sure to use smile.amazon.com.
We thought it might be a good idea to share this list of top 10 things to consider for having a safe holiday season in your home:
1. Inspect electrical decorations for damage before use.
2. Don’t overload electrical outlets.
3. Never connect more than three strings of incandescent lights together.
4. Keep live trees fresh in your home by watering daily.
5. Use battery-operated candles.
6. Keep combustibles at least three feet from heat sources.
7. Protect cords from damage.
8. Check decorations for a certification label.
9. Stay in the kitchen when something is cooking.
10. Turn off, unplug, and extinguish all decorations when going to sleep or leaving the house.
Have a safe, happy and warm Thanksgiving!