By Paul Branton, Director of Investor Services for Home Rental Services talking about the recent trip to the NARPM® convention in Florida.
Just a few weeks ago, Caitlin, Kandy and I traveled to Florida to go to the 29th annual convention and trade show for the National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM®). The theme of the convention this year was “Engineered for your Success!” and it was held in Orlando at one of the largest hotels I’ve ever visited, the Rosen Shingle Creek.
We’re Committed to NARPM
This marks the second conference that I’ve attended, the sixth for Caitlin and the TWENTY-THIRD for Kandy.
Home Rental Services has been a member of NARPM since 1991. We continue to receive value nearly every day from the relationships, educational opportunities and member designations.
The biggest takeaways from the 2017 NARPM conference:
- We implemented additional screening criteria to ensure we remain compliant with Fair Housing Regulations.
- We added a feature to our website that allows prospective owners to receive a Free Rental Analysis report.
To see our Free Rental Analysis report system in action, click the screenshot below and enter a rental address. In less than an hour, you will receive a detailed rental report with comps in your inbox!
Quotable quotes from the keynote speakers:
- “If you’re not failing often, you aren’t trying enough.”
– Scott Steinberg
- “If you don’t have a crystal ball, perhaps it’s time to get some brass ones.”
– Troy Hazard
- “Do we want to be tools of our tools, or let our tools be our tools?”
– Curt Steinhorst
While we didn’t have quite enough time to make it to Disney World, I at least got to see this Topiary of Mickey Mouse!
In closing, we highly encourage you to make sure when selecting a property manager, that they are members of NARPM®. Why? NARPM promotes a high standard of business ethics, professionalism and fair housing practice. The Association also certifies its members in the standards and practices of the residential property management industry and promotes continuing professional education.