Friends, it’s that time of year again! The holidays are here and we wanted to take a minute to thank you. Whether you are an owner, a renter, a vendor, friends or family, we appreciate each and every one of you. Thank you for helping make 2014 a great year!
We are spending the day today wrapping presents we bought as a team for the KVC children we adopted. We also celebrated that Amy has been working for Home Rental Services for 13 years!!! Pics to come in a blog post next week!
Have you started gift shopping for your friends and family? Have you put up your holiday lights yet? We are seeing them pop up in neighborhoods all over Kansas City.
As a result, we thought it might be a good idea to share this list of top 10 things to consider for having a safe holiday season in your home:
1. Inspect electrical decorations for damage before use.
2. Do not overload electrical outlets.
3. Never connect more than three strings of incandescent lights.
4. Keep live trees fresh in your home by watering daily.
5. Use battery-operated candles.
6. Keep combustibles at least three feet from heat sources.
7. Protect cords from damage.
8. Check decorations for certification label.
9. Stay in the kitchen when something is cooking.
10. Turn off, unplug, and extinguish all decorations when going to sleep or leaving the house.
(Thanks to our friends at Sage Restoration for this great list!)
Have a safe, happy and warm Thanksgiving!