Happy Thanksgiving from Home Rental Services! We are so thankful for our owners, renters, and referral partners. We also appreciate our team that makes it all work. Thanks for being a part of the Home Rental Services cloud of relationships!
We hope that you have a wonderful time with your families this Thanksgiving, whether in Kansas City or somewhere else! If you are traveling, please be safe… there are a lot of winter weather advisories and potential airport delays, especially on the east coast. (More info on that here.)
The majority of our team will be staying in Kansas City, but a few are traveling to friends and family in other states.
Fun Facts about the First Thanksgiving
- The Plymouth Pilgrims were the first to celebrate the Thanksgiving.
- The Pilgrims sailed across the Atlantic Ocean to reach North America.
- They sailed on the ship, which was known by the name of ‘Mayflower’.
- They celebrated the first Thanksgiving Day at Plymouth, Massachusetts.
- The Wampanoag Indians were the people who taught the Pilgrims how to cultivate the land.
- The Pilgrim leader, Governor William Bradford, had organized the first Thanksgiving feast in 1621. He invited the neighboring Wampanoag Indians to the feast.
- The first Thanksgiving celebration lasted three days.
- Mashed potatoes, pumpkin pies, popcorn, milk, corn on the cob, and cranberries were not foods present on the first Thanksgiving’s feast table.
- Lobster, rabbit, chicken, fish, squashes, beans, chestnuts, hickory nuts, onions, leeks, dried fruits, maple syrup and honey, radishes, cabbage, carrots, eggs, and goat cheese are thought to have made up the first Thanksgiving feast.
- The pilgrims didn’t use forks; they ate with spoons, knives, and their fingers.