We’re always looking for tips that make household maintenance even easier. Joshua, one of our property managers, saw a great blog post on how to clean dirty window tracks easily. The following is from TheIntentionalMom.com and we loved the process! It’s an easy way to clean the buildup and grime that accumulates in the tracks of windows and sliding glass doors.
Tools for the job:
- White vinegar
- Baking soda
- Paper towels
- Butter knife
- Sprinkle baking soda on the worst parts of the track.
- Cover the baking soda with some vinegar and it will start to bubble.
- Let the solution sit for 5-10 minutes while the grime is loosened.
- Use the toothbrush to move the grime to the center of the track.
- Use a paper towel to wipe up the worst of the grime.
- Wet the rag and use it to clean up the rest of the track.
- Use the butter knife pressed inside the rag to help you get into corners if necessary.
- Give the track one last wipe with the rag, and you’re done!