We are often asked by our clients what they should do prior to listing their property with Home Rental Services.
It happens so much that we wanted to share our Top Ten Tips with you!
- Apply a fresh coat of paint to make your house more appealing to tenants. Few things do more to improve the look of a house as inexpensively as a fresh coat of paint. Choose a neutral color scheme to make rooms look bigger, cleaner, brighter and more appealing.
- Give every room in the house a thorough cleaning, as well as removing all clutter. This alone will make your house appear bigger and brighter. Some homeowners with crowded rooms have actually rented storage garages and moved half their furniture out, creating a sleeker, more spacious look.
- Ensure that the electrical system, plumbing and heating system are in good working condition.
- Make sure you have installed and tested smoke alarms.
- Keep the lawn edged, cut and watered regularly. Trim hedges, weed lawns and flowerbeds, and prune trees. Put down fresh mulch on all flower beds.
- Clean and align the gutters. While someone is on the roof, be sure to have them repair and replace loose or damaged roof shingles.
- Repair and repaint loose siding or caulking.
- Replace broken or cracked windowpanes, moldings, and other woodwork. Inspect doors and windows for peeling paint.
- Repair any dripping faucets or showerheads.
- Replace any burnt out light bulbs.
If you need help with any of the items above, here is a list of our recommendations for companies to call: