We’re all usually very busy. Because of that, we thought it would be a good time to give you our Top 5 Tips for Getting Your Home Ready for Spring! A lit bit of preventative maintenance can go a long way and potentially help you avoid major hassles or cost in the future!
This list is geared towards our current renters, but applies to anyone maintaining a home!
- Change your furnace filter
This should be done on a regular basis, at least quarterly.
- Check (and change if necessary) batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
It’s a good idea to check all of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors on a yearly basis.
- From the ground, inspect your gutters for leaves hanging over the sides.
If your gutters are full and need to be cleaned out, please contact your property manager.
- Walk around your house and make sure all gutter downspouts have splash guards.
If you are missing some splash guards, please contact your property manager.
- Put down new mulch in your yard as needed to prevent weeds and protect plants.
For a complete list of Renter Responsibilities, please visit the page we’ve dedicated to this topic on our website.
We hope that at least one of these reminders comes in handy as you think about maintenance items you might need to address as we get ready for spring and summer!